List of Filipino Martial Arts
This page provides details about Filipino martial arts styles. It covers martial arts such as Eskrima/Kali/Arnis, Panantukan, Yaw Yan and many more. Filipino martial arts are becoming much more popular in the West, especially due to rising awareness of the the stick fighting skills of Eskrima.
For the styles of other countries (i.e. Japan, China, Korea and Brazil), please visit the main Martial Arts Styles section.
Filipino Martial Arts Styles – Click on each style for more information
- Dumog – Dumog is a Philippine martial arts focused on wrestling.
- Eskrima, Arnis & Kali – Eskrima is a martial arts style from the Philippines focused on the use of stick and blade weapons (i.e. Yantok). This martial arts is also known as Arnis and Kali.
- Kino Mutai – Kino Mutai (Kina Mutai) is a Philippines martial arts that uses unconventional tactics such as biting and eye-gouging.
- Panantukan – Panantukan (or Suntukan) is the boxing component of Filipino martial arts. Panantukan is not a sport, but rather a street-oriented fighting system.
- Sikaran – Sikaran is a Philippines martial arts focused almost exclusively on kicking.
- Yaw Yan – Yaw Yan is a Philippine kickboxing martial arts. It also utilizes grappling techniques and defenses against weapons.
Demonstration of Filipino Martial Arts Techniques