Military Martial Arts Books – Marine Corps, British SAS, Navy Seals, KAPAP, etc.
This section focuses on our favorite military martial arts books. They look at the martial arts & unarmed self-defense programs taught by the Marine Corps, US Army, British SAS and other elite military units. We have also added some books focused on the strength & conditioning programs developed by these elite units.
For other martial arts books focused on martial arts such as BJJ, Krav Maga, Karate and Taekwondo, please visit the main Martial Arts Books section. At no extra cost to you, we make a small commission if you buy products via these links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Our Favorite Military Martial Arts Books
- 100 Deadly Skills: The SEAL Operative’s Guide to Eluding Pursuers, Evading Capture, and Surviving Any Dangerous Situation – This book is “A hands-on, practical survival guide from retired Navy SEAL Clint Emerson—adapted for civilians from actual special forces operations—to eluding pursuers, evading capture, and surviving any dangerous situation”.
- Combatives: Hand to Hand Combat
- Extreme Unarmed Combat (SAS and Elite Forces Guide)
- Get Tough! How to Win in Hand-to-Hand Fighting, as Taught to the British Commandos, and the U.S. Armed Forces – This book looks at techniques taught to World War 2 troops.
- Kapap Combat Concepts: Martial Arts of the Israeli Special Forces – This book looks at techniques used by KAPAP, the martial arts system developed and utilized by Israeli special forces.
- Modern Army Combatives: Battle-Proven Techniques and Training Methods
- U.S. Marine Close Combat Fighting Handbook
- U.S. Marine Combat Conditioning – “U.S. Marine Combat Conditioning is a complete reproduction of the combat conditioning program that was completed by all World War II-era Officer Candidates while at OCS in Quantico, Virginia”.
- The Marine Corps Martial Arts Program: The Complete Combat System – This book focuses on the Marine Corps Martial Arts Program (MCMAP).
- The Complete Guide to Navy Seal Fitness
- The Official US Marine Corps Martial Arts Program (MCMAP) – Full-Size Edition: From Beginner to Black Belt
- Practical Martial Arts For Special Forces
- SAS and Elite Forces Guide Extreme Unarmed Combat: Hand-To-Hand Fighting Skills From The World’s Elite Military Units – Martial arts techniques used by the British special forces and other elite military units.
- The SAS Self-Defense Handbook: A Complete Guide to Unarmed Combat Techniques
- SAS Survival Handbook, Third Edition: The Ultimate Guide to Surviving Anywhere – An extremely popular book that is almost 700 pages long.
- Special Forces Fitness Training: Gym-Free Workouts to Build Muscle and Get in Elite Shape – “DeJuan Hathaway shows how to get in the best shape of your life using the program he developed as a strength and conditioning specialist for the U.S. military special forces”.