List of Taekwondo Kicks
This page provides written and/or video instructions for a wide variety of Taekwondo kicks (or Chagi). It also provides the Korean names for these Taekwondo kicks. It is important to master these kicking techniques because they are an essential element of Taekwondo. These kicks are used for sparring, self-defense, breaking techniques and WTF Taekwondo forms & ITF Taekwondo patterns.
For many more kicking techniques, please visit the main Martial Arts Kicks section.
Wiki – Best Taekwondo Books
Taekwondo Kicks – English to Korean – Click on the kicks below for videos, instructions, etc.
- Axe Kick – Naeryeo Chagi
- Back Kick – Dwi Chagi
- Crescent Kick – Bandal Chagi
- Downward Roundhouse Kick – Dollyo Naeryeo Chagi
- Double Roundhouse Kick – Narae Chagi
- Front Kick – Ap Chagi
- Hook Kick – Huryeo Chagi
- Flying Back Kick – Twi-myo Dwi Chagi – However, be aware than some schools use the Korean words for jumping and flying interchangeable so an instructor might call use Eedan for a flying kick.
- Flying Side Kick – Twi-myo Yeop Chagi
- Jumping Back Kick – Eedan Dwi Chagi – However, be aware than some schools use the Korean words for jumping and flying interchangeable so an instructor might call use Twi-myo for a jumping kick.
- Jumping Front Kick – Eedan Ap Chagi
- Knee Strike – Moreup Chigi
- Push Kick – Meereo Chagi
- Repeating Kick – Geodeup Chagi – This technique is where you do the same kick two or more times with the same foot.
- Roundhouse Kick – Dollyo Chagi
- Scissor Kick – Kawi Chagi
- Side Kick – Yeop Chagi
- Spinning Hook Kick – Dwi Huryeo Chagi
- Twisting Kick – Bituro Chagi