List of Aikido Joint Locks
The information on these pages and videos are meant to reinforce and supplement the instruction given at your Aikido classes. To properly understand these techniques, you need to learn them from an Aikido instructor who can provide you with an in-depth explanation of the technique, help correct your mistakes, answer your questions and detail how the technique should be utilized.
For information on joint locks used by other martial arts, please visit the main Joint Locks section.
Basic Aikido Techniques
- Aikido Ikkyo – First Teaching (Elbow Control)
- Aikido Nikyo – Second Teaching (Wrist Control)
- Aikido Sankyo – Third Teaching (Wrist Control)
- Aikido Yonkyo – Fourth Teaching (Wrist Control & Pressure Point)
- Aikido Gokyo – Fifth Teaching (Elbow Control)
- Aikido Rokkyo – Sixth Teaching (Arm Control)
Tekubi Waza – Aikido Wrist Techniques
- Aikido Kote-hineri – Wrist Twist
- Aikido Kote-gaeshi – Wrist Turn
- Aikido Munetsuki Kote-gaeshi – Punch Counter Wrist Turn
- Aikido Tenkai-kote-hineri – Rotating Wrist Twist
Hiji Waza – Aikido Elbow Techniques