Here is our selection of the best Taekwondo books. These are our favorites and cover Taekwondo techniques, forms & patterns, philosophy and much more. For other popular martial arts books (i.e. Krav Maga or BJJ), please visit the main Martial Arts Books section. At no extra cost to you, we make a small commission if you buy products via these product links. Your purchase helps to keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Popular & Highly-Rated Taekwondo Books – Our favorites!
- A Killing Art: The Untold History of Tae Kwon Do – This book looks at “the origin of the most popular martial art” and follows Choi (considered by many as the founder of Taekwondo) “from the 1938 poker game where he fought for his life, through high-class geisha houses where the art was named, and into the Vietnam War where the martial art evolved into a killing art”.
- Modern Taekwondo: The Official Training Manual – This Taekwondo book examines Taekwondo’s history, philosophy, breaking, sparring and much more.
- Taekwondo: Ancient Wisdom for the Modern Warrior – This Taekwondo books teaches how “principles such as honor, perseverance, and dedication will enhance your daily life, how the philosophical and physical tenets combine to form not only a way of living, but a solid system of self-defense”.
- Taekwondo: A Path to Excellence
- Taekwondo Kyorugi: Olympic Style Sparring – This Taekwondo book focuses on the “skills, drills, strategies and methods used by Korean coaches and competitors for years. Footwork, kicks, hand target drills, heavy bag workouts, coaching, combinations, strategy, professional training, opponent analysis, conditioning, weight control, competition tips” & more.
- Tae Kwon Do: The Indomitable Martial Art of Korea
- Ultimate Flexibility – In order to excel at Taekwondo, you need to be very flexible (esp. for high or spinning kicks). This popular stretching & flexibility book was written by a well-known Taekwondo instructor. 4 1/2 stars.
Best Taekwondo Form & Patterns Books
- The Complete Book Of Taekwon Do Forms – This Taekwondo book focuses on the Taegeuk, Palgwae and Black Belt forms used in WTF Taekwondo.
- Complete Taekwondo Poomsae: The Official Taegeuk, Palgwae and Black Belt Forms of Taekwondo
- The Encyclopedia of Taekwon-Do Patterns – This excellent Taekwondo book is focused on ITF patterns.
- This Is Taekwon-Do, Book + DVD-ROM, ITF Colourbelt Syllabus with First Grand Master Rhee Ki Ha – Book & DVD set focused on ITF Taekwondo.
Taekwondo Sparring Books
- Advanced Taekwondo: Sparring and Hapkido Techniques
- Competitive Taekwondo – This book provides information on Taekwondo sparring techniques, tactics and conditioning programs.
- Effective Taekwon-Do Sparring
- Taekwondo Step Sparring
Taekwondo Shoes – Taekwondo shoes are used for regular training, sparring, breaking, etc.
- Adidas – Taekwondo shoes
- Adidas Taekwondo Adilux Shoes – Very popular.
- Adidas KICK Shoes Martial Arts Sneaker White with Black Stripes
- Adidas SM II Low Cut Martial Arts Shoes – White with Black Stripes
- Adidas SM II Low Cut Martial Arts Shoes – Black with White Stripes
- Century Lightfoot Martial Art Shoes
- Mosso – Taekwondo shoes.
- Pine Tree – Taekwondo shoes.
- Tiger Claw
- Tiger Claw Martial Art Shoes – Karate & Taekwondo shoes.
- Rebreakable Boards – These products will help you practice your breaking techniques.
- Taekwondo Sparring Gear
- Taekwondo Uniforms