Looking for some help with your flexibility? Here are our favorite martial arts flexibility books. This section will help you to find books focused on improving your overall martial arts flexibility. In turn, this could potentially help to achieve higher kicks, reduce some pulled muscles and improved kicking, punching and grappling power. If you are looking for books to improve your kicking & punching power, please visit the wiki’s section on Martial Arts Strength & Conditioning Books.
For other popular martial arts “instructional” books (i.e. books focused on kata, sparring/kumite, kicking techniques, Krav Maga techniques, etc.), please visit Black Belt Wiki’s main Martial Arts Books section. At no extra cost to you, we make a small commission if you buy products via the links on this page. Thank you for your support!
Our Favorite Martial Arts Flexibility Books!!
- Ultimate Flexibility: A Complete Guide to Stretching for Martial Arts – This stretching & flexibility book is specifically targeted to martial artists. It was written by a well-known black belt Taekwondo instructor. Two thumbs up!!
- The Anatomy of Stretching – Very popular stretching book with great illustrations.
- The Martial Artist’s Book of Yoga – This books focuses on how yoga can improve your martial arts flexibility.
- Stretching: 30th Anniversary Edition – Very popular stretching book. It has been in print (and updated frequently) for over 30 years.
Other Popular Stretching & Flexibility Books
- Anatomy and 100 Essential Stretching Exercises – This is a highly rated book. It gives illustrations for over 100 stretching exercises and the muscles involved in these exercises.
- Beyond Kicking: A Complete Guide to Stretching and Kicking – This book states “Along with super stretching secrets, you’ll learn how to use your flexibility to improve kicking techniques”.
- Dynamic Stretching & Kicking – This stretching book is by the famous martial artist, Bill “Superfoot” Wallace.
- Dynamic Stretching: The Revolutionary New Warm-up Method to Improve Power, Performance and Range of Motion
- Full-Body Flexibility – This book “blends the best of yoga, Pilates, martial arts, and sport training”.
- Plyo-Flex: Plyometrics and Flexibility Training for Explosive Martial Arts Kicks and Performance Sports
- Splits: Stretching: Flexibility – Martial Arts, Ballet, Dance & Gymnastics Secrets To Do Splits – Want to achieve higher roundhouse kicks so you can target an attacker’s head? Then you need to work on your side splits. This book will help your overall lateral flexibility.
- Stretching for Splits: The Ultimate Beginner’s Flexibility Stretching for Splits Guide – 4 1/2 star stretching book that will help martial artists to achieve higher axe kicks, higher roundhouse kicks, etc.
- Stretching Scientifically: A Guide to Flexibility Training
- Yoga Bible – The Yoga Bible is a “comprehensive illustrated step-by-step book to achieving the postures and advice on altering them where necessary with easier postures highlighted for beginners”.
Popular Martial Arts Flexibility Books for Older Martial Artists
- Leg Stretching Machines – These stretching machines focus on improving splits… but they look like medieval torture devices. 🙂
- Stretching Straps – These straps are designed to give you a deeper stretch.
- EverStretch Leg Stretcher – This is a stretching strap that uses a door frame to help with high stretches.
- Yoga Equipment
- Ultimate Flexibility: Stretching for Martial Arts – DVD version of the popular martial arts stretching book.
- Introducing Yoga for Martial Arts
- Budokon: Flow and Flexibility Yoga
- Secrets of Splits & Flexibility
- Stretching, The DVD – DVD version of the very popular stretching book.
- Ultimate Guide to Stretching & Flexibility
- Yoga For Inflexible People