Best Martial Arts Stretching & Flexibility Books
Looking for some help with your flexibility? Here are our favorite stretching & flexibility books. This section will help you to find stretching books focused on improving your overall martial arts flexibility. In turn, this could potentially help to achieve higher kicks, reduce some pulled muscles and improve kicking, punching and grappling power.
For other popular martial arts books (i.e. focused on Karate, kicking techniques, Krav Maga, etc.), please visit the main Martial Arts Books section. At no extra cost to you, we make a small commission if you buy products via the links on this page. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free. Thank you for your support!
Popular Martial Arts Stretching, Flexibility & Yoga Books – Our favorites!
- Ultimate Flexibility: A Complete Guide to Stretching for Martial Arts – This stretching book is specifically targeted to martial artists. Two thumbs up!!
- The Anatomy of Stretching, Second Edition: Your Illustrated Guide to Flexibility and Injury Rehabilitation
- Beyond Kicking: A Complete Guide to Stretching and Kicking – This book states “Along with super stretching secrets, you’ll learn how to use your flexibility to improve kicking techniques”.
- Dynamic Stretching & Kicking – This stretching book is by the famous martial artist, Bill “Superfoot” Wallace.
- Dynamic Stretching: The Revolutionary New Warm-up Method to Improve Power, Performance and Range of Motion
- Full-Body Flexibility – This book “blends the best of yoga, Pilates, martial arts, and sport training”.
- The Martial Artist’s Book of Yoga: Improve Flexibility, Balance and Strength for Higher Kicks, Faster Strikes, Smoother Throws, Safer Falls, and Stronger Stances – This books focuses on how yoga can improve your martial arts flexibility.
- Plyo-Flex: Plyometrics and Flexibility Training for Explosive Martial Arts Kicks and Performance Sports
- Stretching: 30th Anniversary Edition – Very popular stretching book.
- Splits: Stretching: Flexibility – Martial Arts, Ballet, Dance & Gymnastics Secrets To Do Splits
- Stretching for Splits: The Ultimate Beginner’s Flexibility Stretching for Splits Guide – 4 1/2 star stretching book that will help martial artists to achieve higher axe kicks, higher roundhouse kicks, etc.
- Stretching Scientifically: A Guide to Flexibility Training
- Yoga Bible – The Yoga Bible is a “comprehensive illustrated step-by-step book to achieving the postures and advice on altering them where necessary with easier postures highlighted for beginners”.
Popular Stretching & Flexibility Books for Older Martial Artists
- Leg Stretching Machines – These stretching machines focus on improving splits… but they look like medieval torture devices. 🙂
- Stretching Straps – These straps are designed to give you a deeper stretch.
- EverStretch Leg Stretcher – This is a stretching strap that uses a door frame to help with high stretches.
- Yoga Equipment
- Ultimate Flexibility: Stretching for Martial Arts – DVD version of the popular martial arts stretching book.
- Introducing Yoga for Martial Arts
- Budokon: Flow and Flexibility Yoga
- Secrets of Splits & Flexibility
- Stretching, The DVD – DVD version of the very popular stretching book.
- Ultimate Guide to Stretching & Flexibility
- Yoga For Inflexible People