Martial Arts Strength Training Books
Looking for the best martial arts strength training books? Here are our favorites! This section will help you to find books that will improve your overall martial arts strength and conditioning. In turn, this will enhance your kicking, punching and grappling power. If you are looking for books to improve your flexibility, please visit the wiki’s section on Martial Arts Flexibility & Stretching Books.
For popular martial arts “instructional” books (i.e. books on kicking techniques, sparring, Krav Maga techniques, etc.), please visit the main Martial Arts Books section. At no extra cost to you, we make a small commission if you buy products via the links on this page. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free. Thank you for your support!
- The Anatomy of Martial Arts: An Illustrated Guide to the Muscles Used for Each Strike, Kick, and Throw
- The Art of Hojo Undo: Power Training for Traditional Karate – This Karate book looks at traditional Asian Hojo Undo strength training techniques & tools such as Ishi Sashi (stone hand weights), Makiwara (striking posts), etc.
- Bodyweight Strength Training Anatomy
- Conditioning for Combat Sports
- The Fighter’s Body: An Owner’s Manual – This martial arts book looks at “weight training, nutrition, diet, and exercise”.
- K.O. Power: Complete Strength Training for Devastating Punches, Kicks & Throws – This book focuses on topics such as personalized training routines, training for peak performance, increased punching power, etc.
- The Navy SEAL Weight Training Workout
- The Shaolin Workout – This is a 28 day workout program based on Shaolin strength & conditioning exercises.
- Special Forces Fitness Training: Gym-Free Workouts to Build Muscle and Get in Elite Shape – This book focuses on a fitness program that the author “developed as a strength and conditioning specialist for the U.S. military special forces”.
- The Special Ops Workout: The Elite Exercise Program Inspired by the United States Special Operations Command
- Training for Warriors – This book focuses on strength & conditioning training exercises used in martial arts such as MMA, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ) and Judo.
- Ultimate Fitness – A book focused on martial arts conditioning.
- Ultimate Flexibility: A Complete Guide to Stretching for Martial Arts – This popular book is focused on martial arts stretching and flexibility.
- Ultimate MMA Conditioning
- Ultimate Warrior Workouts: Fitness Secrets of the Martial Arts
- Warrior Cardio
- Weight Training for Martial Arts: The Ultimate Guide – This book contains descriptions and photographs of a wide variety of weight training, flexibility and abdominal exercises used by martial artists.
Books for Improving Martial Arts Speed & Agility
- Developing Agility and Quickness (Sport Performance)
- Training for Speed, Agility, and Quickness – 3rd Edition
Books for Improving Martial Arts Flexibility
- Ultimate Flexibility: A Complete Guide to Stretching for Martial Arts
- For many more books, please visit our section on Martial Arts Flexibility & Stretching