List of Korean Martial Arts
This page provides details about Korean martial arts styles. It covers martial arts such as Hapkido, Taekwondo, Tang Soo Do and many more. If you think a style should be added to this page, please contact us. However, we will only accept martial arts styles that have many schools (10+) & an active style association/federation and/or a detailed Wikipedia page.
For the martial arts of other countries (i.e. China, Japan and Brazil), please visit Black Belt Wiki’s main Martial Arts Styles section.
Wiki – Become a Wiki patron!
Korean Martial Arts – Click on each style for more information
- Gongkwon Yusul – Gongkwon Yusul is a hybrid martial arts that includes elements from Hapkido, Jujutsu, Judo and Boxing.
- Gungsol – Gongsul is a Korean martial arts focused on traditional archery techniques.
- Haidong Gumdo – Haidong Gumdo is a martial arts focused on sword techniques. It contains elements similar to Kenjutsu and Iaido.
- Han Mu Do – Han Mu Do (or Hanmudo) is a Korean martial arts style. It is seen as a “smoother” and more “open hand” cousin to Hapkido. Hanmudo students also train with weapons.
- Hapkido – Hapkido is a Korean martial arts style focused on punches, kicks, throws and joint locks.
- Hwa Rang Do – Hwa Rang Do is a Korean martial arts that includes sparring, self-defense, weapons training and grappling.
- Kuk Sool Won – Kuk Sool Won is a martial arts focused on strikes, kicks, grappling, joint locks, weapons training and healing techniques.
- Kyuk Too Ki – Korean kickboxing.
- Sibpalki – Sibpalki is a martial arts that teaches close combat skills that were utilized in the late 1700s.
- Soo Bahk Do – Soo Bahk Do is a Korean martial arts that grew out of Tang Soo Do.
- Ssireum – Ssireum is a martial arts focused on wrestling.
- Taekkyeon – Taekkyeon is a martial arts focused on low kicks, leg sweeps, trips, pushes, etc.
- Taekwondo – Taekwondo is a martial arts style focused primarily on punches, blocks, strikes and kicks (i.e. spinning hook kick).
- Tang Soo Do – Tang Soo Do is a martial arts style that is similar to Taekwondo and Karate.