List of the Best BJJ, Judo & Grappling Books
Looking to the best BJJ, grappling, Judo & wrestling books? Below are our favorite grappling books as they provide a huge amount of information on techniques and applications. This page also provides you with a huge variety of high-quality grappling products such as wrestling shoes, grappling dummies, BJJ & Judo uniforms and much more.
For other instructional martial arts books (i.e. regarding MMA, kicking techniques, Krav Maga, etc.), please visit the main Martial Arts Books section. At no extra cost to you, we make a small commission if you buy products via the links on this page. Thank you for your support!
Grappling, Judo & BJJ Books – Our favorites!
- Jiu-Jitsu University – A very popular 5 star book focused on Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) techniques.
- Kodokan Judo: The Essential Guide to Judo by Its Founder Jigoro Kano – Covering everything from the fundamental techniques to prearranged formal exercises for both men and women, this book offers detailed explanations of how Judo techniques are combined in two types of practice: randori (free practice) and kata (the practice of forms).
Other Highly Rated Books
- American Combat Judo: 186 Photographs Illustrating Jiu Jitsu Wrestling, Foot-Fighting and Police Tactics
- Advanced Brazilian Jiujitsu Techniques
- Best Judo (Illustrated Japanese Classics)
- BJJ Techniques to Defeat Bigger and Stronger Opponents
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Submission Grappling Techniques
- Drill to Win: 12 Months to Better Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu
- Judo Unleashed: Essential Throwing & Grappling Techniques for Intermediate to Advanced Martial Artists
- Kodokan Judo: The Essential Guide to Judo by Its Founder Jigoro Kano
- Mastering Jujitsu (Mastering Martial Arts Series) – Book by Renzo Gracie (a member of the famous Gracie “BJJ” family).
- Small-Circle Jujitsu
- Training for Competition: Judo: Coaching, Strategy and the Science for Success
- Winning on the Ground: Training and Techniques for Judo and MMA Fighters
- Wrestling For Dummies
Popular Grappling & Wrestling Shoes – All of these shoes have 4+ stars on Amazon
- Adidas Wrestling Men’s Combat Speed 4
- Adidas Men’s Mat Wizard David Taylor Edition Wrestling Shoes
- Other Adidas Wrestling & Grappling Shoes – Wide variety of popular Adidas wrestling shoes
- ASICS Aggressor 4 Men’s Wrestling Shoes
- ASICS Men’s Matflex 5 Wrestling Shoe – Very popular & highly rated shoe.
- Other ASICS Wrestling & Grappling Shoes – Wide variety of popular ASICS wrestling shoes
- NIKE Men’s Inflict 3 Wrestling Shoes
- Otomix Stingray Escape
Grappling, Judo & BJJ Instructional DVDs
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Blue Belt Requirements: Fundamentals for All
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu: NO GI Essentials
- Cesar Gracie Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu & Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Grappling Instructional Series
- Gracie Lifestyle Combatives Standard DVD Package
- Saulo Ribeiro Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Revolution Series One. Six Volume DVD Instructional Series for Grappling and Mixed Martial Arts
- Small-Circle Jujitsu Vol 1
- Winning Judo – Best Shoulder Throws
Grappling, Judo & BJJ Equipment