Best Muay Thai Books
Here is our list of the best Muay Thai books. As you probably know, many MMA fighters learn Muay Thai in order to benefit from Muay Thai’s powerful striking techniques. These highly rated Muay Thai books provide detailed instructions for a wide range of Muay Thai techniques (i.e. elbow and knee strikes). They will help you to learn useful Muay Thai skills that you can incorporate into your overall martial arts training routine.
For books on other styles (i.e. Karate), please visit the main Martial Arts Books section on Black Belt Wiki. At no extra cost to you, we make a small commission if you buy products via these links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Our Favorite Muay Thai Books!!
- Muay Thai Basics: Introductory Thai Boxing Techniques – This Muay Thai book teaches striking techniques and “a selection of effective defensive and counterattacking strategies”.
- Muay Thai Counter Techniques: Competitive Skills and Tactics for Success – This Muay Thai book looks at techniques used to counter an opponent’s strikes.
- Muay Thai Training Exercises: The Ultimate Guide to Fitness, Strength, and Fight Preparation – This book “teaches effective exercises to improve flexibility, stamina, and strength as well as basic fighting techniques such as feints, counters, and combinations”.
- Muay Thai Unleashed: Learn Technique and Strategy from Thailand’s Warrior Elite – This Muay Thai book provides readers with instructions for Muay Thai kicks, punches, elbow strikes, knee strikes, clinching and countering techniques.
- Muay Thai Pads – Muay Thai pads (or Thai pads) are worn on a partner’s forearms and are used to absorb powerful leg strikes.
- Muay Thai Shin Guards – Shin guards help to protect a martial artist’s leg when striking a target.