Aikido Warm-Up Exercises
This page provides details on Aikido warm-up exercises. Aikido instructors use warm-up routines in order to loosen & relax muscles and boost heart rates. This helps to prepare martial arts students for the more vigorous martial arts training that follows the warm-up session and hopefully reduces potential injuries that might come from tight muscles and tendons.
All stretches and exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. For additional stretches and exercises, please visit the main Martial Arts Warm-Up Exercises section.
Aikido Basic Warm-Up Exercises
- Aikido Funakogi Undo – Aikido Rowing Exercise
- Aikido Katate Osa Undo – Aikido Wrist Stretching Exercise
- Aikido Kotegaeshi Undo
- Aikido Nikyo Undo – Aikido Wrist Stretching Exercise
- Aikido Sankyo Undo – Aikido Wrist Stretching Exercise
- Aikido Sayu Undo
- Aikido Shomenuchi Ikkyo Undo or Ikkyo Undo
- Aikido Tai No Henko – Tai No Henko is an Aikido exercise that teaches the basics for redirecting an attack.
- Aikido Tenkan Undo
Aikido Warm-Up Routine