Bajiquan – Chinese Martial Arts Style
Bajiquan is a Chinese martial arts that is famous for its explosive power and elbow strikes. In Chinese, Baji Quan means “Eight Extremities Fist” or “Eight Extremes Fist”.
According to Clearwater Kung Fu, “Baji Quan is a powerful infighting style that relies on the sudden use of explosive force, or Fa Jin, to shatter the opponent’s defense, destroy his root and achieve a quick and decisive victory… Elbow and shoulder techniques are outstanding and are masterfully combined with stamping footwork and waist work to deliver devastating strikes”.
Elements of Kung Fu and Bajiquan
- Kicking Techniques
- Punches & Arm Strikes
- Chinese Martial Arts Weapons such as Liu Xing Chui (Meteor Hammer), Sheng Biao (Chinese rope dart), etc.
- Kung Fu Stretches
- Kung Fu Conditioning Drills
- Kung Fu Warm-Up Exercises
- Traditional Kung Fu Strength Training such as Eagle Claw Push-Ups, Iron Palm Training, Rice Bucket Training, etc.
- Chinese Training Equipment such as Mei Hua Zhuang (or Kung Fu Plum Blossom Poles), Wing Chun Wooden Striking Dummy, etc.
- Kung Fu Terminology
- How To Count In Chinese For Kung Fu
Demonstration Video of Bajiquan
- Clearwater Kung Fu, Baji Quan (Eight Extremes Fist), http://www.clearwaterkungfu.com/our-curriculum/baji-quan/, Added – 10/03/14