Here is our selection of the best Chinese martial arts books. They are our favorite Chinese martial arts books and cover subjects such as Shaolin workouts, how to train with a Wing Chun wooden dummy, Qigong, Chinese joint lock techniques, Iron Palm training, etc.
At no extra cost to you, we make a small commission if you buy products via the links on this page. Thank you for your support!
Chinese Martial Arts Books
- Analysis of Shaolin Chin Na: Instructors Manual for All Martial Styles – This book looks at Chin Na techniques (or seizing controlling techniques).
- Chinese Martial Arts: From Antiquity to the Twenty-First Century – Well written book on the history of Chinese martial arts.
- The Complete Book of Shaolin: Comprehensive Programme for Physical, Emotional, Mental and Spiritual Development
- Comprehensive Applications of Shaolin Chin Na: The Practical Defense of Chinese Seizing Arts for All Styles – This book explores Chinese self-defense techniques such as joint locks and “seizing” techniques.
- Fundamental Iron Skills: Tempering Body and Limbs with Ancient Methods – This book looks at Chinese martial arts “hardening techniques” such as Iron Palm training.
- The Healing Promise of Qi
- Instant Fitness: The Shaolin Kung Fu Workout
- Instant Health: The Shaolin Qigong Workout For Longevity – This Shaolin book “shows how to optimize energy, alleviate stress, boost the immune system, and achieve optimum health”.
- The Shaolin Workout: 28 Days to Transforming Your Body and Soul the Warrior’s Way – A popular fitness book that looks at Shaolin workout techniques.
- Tao of Jeet Kune Do – Very popular book on Bruce Lee’s martial arts philosophy and techniques.
- The Harvard Medical School Guide to Tai Chi: 12 Weeks to a Healthy Body, Strong Heart, and Sharp Mind
- Tai Chi Chin Na: The Seizing Art of Tai Chi Chuan
- Tai Chi for Beginners and the 24 Forms
- Wing Chun Kung Fu: Traditional Chinese Kung Fu for Self-Defense and Health
- Wing Chun Kung Fu Bamboo Ring – How to train with a bamboo ring.
- Wing Chun Kung Fu: The Wooden Dummy – How to train with a Wing Chun wooden dummy.