Here is our selection of the best martial arts books for kids. These books will help children to learn about different martial arts styles and techniques. We have also included books for younger children where they learn to conquer their fears through the martial arts. In addition, we have added some fun martial arts fiction in order to help kids read more or just relax after a long day at school.
These martial arts books for kids make great holiday & birthday gifts. In addition, if you have a martial arts-loving child and their birthday is coming up, we have also listed some martial arts-themed party items below (i.e. martial arts balloons, candles, party plates, etc.).
For instructional martial arts books (i.e. books on Karate kata), please visit the wiki’s main Martial Arts Books section. At no extra cost to you, we make a small commission if you buy products via the links on this page. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free. Thank you for your support!
Best Martial Arts Books for Kids – Our favorites!
- Diary of a 6th Grade Ninja – The “Diary of a 6th Grade Ninja” focuses on a scrawny kid recruited into a Ninja clan. This humorous and highly-rated book is geared towards kids aged 9-12.
- Diary of a Taekwondo Master – Humorous look at a “math whiz who is not good at sports” learning Taekwondo.
- The Five Ancestors – This martial arts fiction series is for pre-teens and focuses on a number of young Kung Fu monks.
- The Kids’ Karate Workbook: A Take-Home Training Guide for Young Martial Artists
- The Martial Arts Book – This book will help children learn about a variety of different martial arts styles and systems.
- Tai Chi for Kids: Move with the Animals – Tai Chi & colorful artwork.
- The Three Ninja Pigs – The three little pigs use martial arts to take on the big bad wolf! Very popular 5 star rated book for kids.
- Young Samurai – This book is geared more towards pre-teens and young teenagers. Plot summary – “August 1611. Jack Fletcher is shipwrecked off the coast of Japan – his beloved father and the crew lie slaughtered by ninja pirates. Rescued by the legendary sword master Masamoto Takeshi, Jack’s only hope is to become a samurai warrior.”
Other Popular Martial Arts Books for Kids – Based on purchases by the wiki’s visitors.
- The Adventures of Ook and Gluk, Kung-Fu Cavemen From the Future – From the author of Captain Underpants, a very popular book series for kids.
- Gus Learns to Fly: Self-Defense Is Self-Discovery – Introductory book on Aikido for younger children.
- Hensel and Gretel: Ninja Chicks – The classic Hansel & Gretel story redone as two ninja chickens!
- JoJo’s Flying Sidekick
- Julie Black Belt: The Kung Fu Chronicles – Great for young girls.
- Karate Cat
- The Karate Coloring Book – A fun coloring book for young martial artists!
- The Karate Mouse (Geronimo Stilton, No. 40) – Book is rated 4 1/2 stars. Geared towards 7-10 year olds.
- Kung Fu Panda Books – Books to help kids read (based on the Kung Fu Panda movies).
- Mister D: A Children’s Picture Book About Overcoming Doubts and Fears
- Monsters Do Not Know Tae Kwon Do – 5 star book for young children.
- Night of the Ninjas (Magic Tree House, No. 5)
- Ninja Meerkats (#1): The Clan of the Scorpion – Fun martial arts series for kids in the 2nd through 4th grades.
- Ninja Red Riding Hood – 4 1/2 stars. Companion book for The Three Ninja Pigs.
- The Princess and the Ogre: Martial Arts Based Nursery Rhymes and Fairy Tales for Children of All Ages
- Samurai Kids: White Crane
- Tae Kwon Do! (Step into Reading) – Designed to help young Taekwondo masters learn how to read.
- Usagi Yojimbo Saga Volume 1 – Illustrated story about a samurai rabbit. Geared towards older kids.
- The Way of the Samurai (Geronimo Stilton, No. 49)
- The Way of the Warrior (Young Samurai) – 5 star book for young teens.
- Wink: The Ninja Who Wanted to be Noticed – Popular with younger kids.
Other Martial Arts Gift Ideas for Kids
Martial Arts Toys
- Martial Arts Gifts for Kids
- American Girl Karate Doll
- Bruce Lee Toys
- Lego – Martial Arts Figures
- Teenage Ninja Turtle Toys
Martial Arts Candy & Treats
- Fortune Cookies – Fortune cookies make great party favors!
- Karate Cookies
- Martial Arts Gingerbread Cookies – These cookies make a great party treat.
- Ninja Candy
- Ninja Cookies
- Ninja Gummies
- Teenage Ninja Turtle Candy
Party Items with a Martial Arts Theme
- Balloons – Ninja balloons, martial arts balloons, etc.
- Chopsticks for Kids – Fun ninja-based chopsticks.
- Costumes – Go to the party as a Ninja, Shaolin Monk, etc.
- Decorations – Martial arts table decorations, etc.
- Goodie Bags
- Napkins – Napkins with martial arts or ninja pictures.
- Party Favors
- Ninja Take-out Boxes – Fill them with candy for a great surprise.
- Other Martial Arts-Themed Party Items