Krav Maga – Defense Against A Rear Bear Hug (If Picked Up Off Ground)
This page focuses on Krav Maga techniques used to defend against a bear hug from behind and you are picked up off the ground. This can be a problem when women are attacked from behind by a larger aggressor.
- When picked up off the ground, wrap one leg around an aggressor’s leg. This will help to stabilize you for your counter attacks and may prevent you from being shaken, thrown, etc.
- Counter attack with your other leg and strike backwards against the attacker’s knees, groin, etc.
- You can also counter attack by thrusting your head backwards quickly. You may be able to hit the attacker’s nose, chin, etc.
- All the time, you should be shouting for help.
- Once released, run to safety.
For more Krav Maga techniques (i.e. punches, kicks & grappling), please visit Black Belt Wiki’s main Krav Maga Techniques section.
Krav Maga – Defense Against A Bear Hug (If Picked Up Off Ground)