List of Groin Stretches
Here are a variety of groin stretches used by martial arts students. These groin stretches are useful for wide lateral movements and most kicking techniques. These stretches are also helpful in reducing the chances of a potential groin pull or groin strain.
All stretches and exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. For additional martial arts stretches targeting other areas of the body, please visit the main Martial Arts Stretches section.
Groin Stretches – Written Instructions and/or Videos
- Butterfly Stretch – Targets groin, hips, etc.
- Low Lunge Pose – This Yoga exercise targets your groin, hamstrings, quads and glutes.
- Lotus Pose
- Lunge Stretch
- Modified Hurdler Stretch
- Seated Straddle Stretch – Also known as center split, seated V-stretch or straddle stretch. This stretch targets the inner thigh, hips and groin.
- Seated Side Saddle Stretch – The seated side straddle stretch targets the inner thigh, hips and groin.
- Standing Straddle Stretch
- Squat Pose
- Wall Splits – Wall splits are also known as inverted wall split stretches, wall straddle stretches, etc. This stretch involves a martial artist lying on their back with their legs in the air resting against a wall. It uses gravity to help achieve a wider split/straddle stretch.
Variety of Groin Stretches