List of Hapkido Kicks – Instructions & Videos
The information on these pages and videos are meant to reinforce and supplement the instruction given at your Hapkido classes. To properly understand these techniques, you need to learn them from a Hapkido instructor who can provide you with an in-depth explanation of the technique, help correct your mistakes, answer your questions and detail how the technique should be utilized.
For any kicks not listed here, please visit the main Kicking Techniques section because it contains many more kicks from a variety of different martial arts.
Amazon – Hapkido Books
- Axe Kick or Heel Down Kick – “Naeryeo-Chagi” in Korean
- Back Kick – “Dwi-Chagi” in Korean
- Back Side Kick
- Crescent Kick (Inside & Outside) – “Bandal-Chagi” in Korean
- Front Snap Kick or Front Kick – “Ap-Chagi” in Korean
- Front Thrust Kick or Push Kick – “Ap-Mireo-Chagi” in Korean
- Hook Kick or Heel Kick – “Huryeo-Chagi” in Korean
- Knee Strike – “Mur Chigi” in Korean
- Low Spinning Sweep Kick
- Roundhouse Kick or Turn Kick – “Dollyo-Chagi” in Korean
- Scoop Kick
- Side Kick – “Yeop-Chagi” in Korean
- Hapkido Shin Kick or Scoop Kick To Shin
- Slap Kick – “Beakya Chagi” in Korean
- Sliding Front Kick or Hopping Front Kick, Skipping Front Kick, etc.
- Sliding Roundhouse Kick or Hopping Roundhouse Kick, Skipping Roundhouse Kick, etc.
- Sliding Side Kick or Hopping Side Kick, Skipping Side Kick, etc. – “Mikulgi Yeop-Chagi” in Korean
- Spinning Heel Kick or Spinning Hook Kick – “Dwi-Huryeo-Chagi” in Korean
- Intercontinental Hapkido Federation, General Information, http://www.ihapkidof.org/information.html
- Harvard Hapkido, The Twenty Kicks, http://www.hcs.harvard.edu/hapkido/techniques/20kicks.html