List of Judo Joint Locks (Kansetsu Waza)
Here are a variety of joint lock techniques that are used in Judo. The Japanese name for these Judo joint locks is Kansetsu Waza. For information on joint locking techniques used by other martial arts, please visit the main Joint Locks section.
For information on other Judo throws and grappling techniques, please visit the main Judo Techniques page.
Kansetsu Waza – Judo Joint Lock Techniques
- Ashi Garami – Leg Lock
- Ude Garami – Bent Arm Lock
- Ude Hishigi Ashi Gatame – Leg Arm Bar
- Ude Hishigi Hara Gatame – Stomach Arm Bar
- Ude Hishigi Hiza Gatame – Knee Arm Bar
- Ude Hishigi Juji Gatame – Cross Arm Bar
- Ude Hishigi Sankaku Gatame – Triangle Lock
- Ude Hishigi Te Gatame – Hand Lock
- Ude Hishigi Ude Gatame – Straight Arm Lock
- Ude Hishigi Waki Gatame – Armpit Lock
- International Judo Federation, Judo Techniques, http://www.intjudo.eu/Judo_Corner/Judo_Techniques/Judo_Techniques5, Added – 6/19/13
- Kodokan Judo Institute, Classification of Waza Names, http://www.kodokan.org/e_waza/index.html#katamewaza, Added – 7/1/13