List of Karate Elbow Strikes
This page will help you to learn a variety of Karate elbow strikes. It also provides the Japanese names for these techniques. Moreover, the videos below provide instructions for a number of different Karate elbow strikes (Empi Uchi).
In Karate, the word Empi/Enpi originated from the Chinese characters 猿臂 (which means “monkey elbow”). Elbow strikes are seen as close, wild, and dangerous like an ape beating down on its target.
To see how elbow strikes (i.e. spinning elbow strikes) are done by other martial arts styles, please visit the main Elbow Strikes section.
Wiki – Best Karate Books
List of Karate Elbow Strikes – Videos and/or instructions
- Empi Uchi – Elbow Strike (generic term used for all elbow strikes)
- Mae Empi Uchi – Forward Elbow Strike
- Mawashi Empi Uchi – Roundhouse Elbow Strike
- Otoshi Empi Uchi – Downward Elbow Strike
- Tate Empi Uchi – Upward Elbow Strike
- Ushiro Empi Uchi – Back Elbow Strike
- Yoko Empi Uchi – Side Elbow Strike
Shotokan Karate Elbow Strikes
Karate Elbow Strikes