Medicine Ball Push-Ups
This page will teach you how to do Medicine Ball Push-Ups. This exercise will improve your upper body strength and thus will help you to generate stronger punches and grappling techniques. It puts a lot of emphasis on your triceps.
Moreover, the instability caused by “balancing” on the medicine ball will help to improve your core strength. For a slightly easier push-up variation, you should try single arm medicine ball push-ups.
All stretches and exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor to ensure the proper technique is being utilized and to avoid potential injuries. For additional exercises, please visit Black Belt Wiki’s main Physical Fitness section.
Instructions for Technique
- Get into a standard push-up position.
- Place a medicine ball between your hands.
- Your hands should form a triangle on top of the medicine ball (similar to a triangle push-up).
- Keep your body straight and flat.
- Lower your body until your chest almost hits your hands.
- Push back up to your starting position.
Instructional Video for Medicine Ball Push-Ups