List of Modern Martial Arts Training Equipment
This page provides information on modern martial arts training equipment such as Body Opponent Bags (BOB), Reflex Bags and Rubber Knives. This section focuses on training equipment used to improve martial arts techniques (i.e. kicks and punches) and does not look at equipment used for strength training or balance training.
Modern Martial Arts Training Equipment
- Body Opponent Bag (BOB) – “Humanized” version of a martial arts heavy bag.
- Double End Bags – Double end bags are used by boxers & martial artists in order to improve hand-eye coordination, punching speed, accuracy, etc.
- Foam versions of traditional martial arts training weapons (i.e. Nunchaku). These allow students to train with softer versions of traditional martial arts weapons and thus lower the possibility of injuring themselves or others. Great for beginners before they advance to the real thing.
- Focus Mitts – This training tool is also known as Punch Mitts, Punching Mitts, etc.
- Grappling Dummies – This piece of equipment is used by martial arts students (i.e. BJJ) to practice grappling techniques.
- Heavy Bags
- Kicking Bag – This section focuses on kicking bags such as Wavemaster, BOB (Body Opponent Bag), etc.
- Kicking Paddle – A kicking paddle is often used for accuracy training.
- Kicking Shield – This martial arts training tool is used for “power” kicks while on the move.
- Muay Thai Belly Pad – This tool is also known as a MMA Belly Pad.
- Rebreakable Boards – This training tool is used to practice breaking techniques (i.e. with a knife hand strikeor back kick). Over the long-term, they are cheaper than buying numerous wooden boards.
- Reflex Bag – This is a training tool used for punches and strikes. It is often used by boxers.
- Rubber Batons & Clubs – Rubber batons & clubs are used to practice unarmed self-defense techniques against an attacker armed with a baseball bat, clubs, etc.
- Rubber Guns – Rubber guns are used to practice self-defense techniques by martial arts such as Krav Maga. Students practice how to disarm an attacker armed with a gun.
- Rubber Knives – Rubber knives are used to practice self-defense techniques by martial arts such as Krav Maga.
- Shock Knives – Shock knives are martial arts & self-defense training tools that produce an electric shock if the blade touches your training partner. It is supposed to let a training partner “feel” if they would have been cut in a real-life attack.
- Speed Bag
- Tennis Ball Double End Bags
- Tennis Ball Punching Bags – Tennis ball punching bags are used by martial artists in order to improve hand-eye coordination, punching speed, accuracy, etc.
- Thai Pads – Forearm pads used to practice punches & kicks.
BOB – Body Opponent Bag