This page will help you to learn WTF or WT Taekwondo Form 5 (Taegeuk Oh Jang). This is the fifth form taught to Taekwondo students. According to the World Taekwondo (WT), Taegeuk Oh Jang “symbolizes the ‘Son’, one of the 8 divination signs, which represent the wind, meaning both mighty force and calmness according to its strength and weakness”.
Wiki – Top 10 Taekwondo Books
Written step-by-step instructions for Taekwondo Form 5 (Oh Jang) are located on the bottom of this page. For additional form instructions and videos, please visit the main WTF Taekwondo forms section.
Demonstration Video for Taekwondo Form 5 (Taegeuk Oh Jang)
Instructional Video for Taekwondo Form 5 (Taegeuk Oh Jang)
Demonstration & Instructional Form Video with Korean Black Belts
This material is copyright protected & may not be copied.
- Start in the Ready or “Joon Bi” stance
- Turn left into front stance, left low block
- Left foot comes back next to the right foot, left hand hammer fist downwards
- Turn right into right front stance, right hand low block
- Right foot comes back next to the left foot, right hand hammer fist downwards
- Advance forward into left front stance, left inside block, right inside block
- Right foot front kick into right front stance, right hand backfist, left inside block
- Left foot front kick into left front stance, left hand backfist, right inside block
- Advance right foot forward into right front stance, right hand backfist
- Moving left foot, turn 270 degrees to the left into left back stance, knife hand middle block with left hand
- Step into right front stance, right elbow strike
- Moving right foot, turn 180 degrees all the way to the right into right back stance, knife hand middle block
- Step into left front stance, left elbow strike
- Turn left 90 degrees into left front stance, left hand low block, right inside block
- Right foot kick into right front stance, right hand low block, left inside block
- Turn left 90 degrees into left front stance, left high block
- Right side kick and right hand punch together into right front stance, left elbow into open right hand
- Turn right 180 degrees into right front stance, right high block
- Left side kick and left hand punch together into left front stance, right elbow strike into open left hand
- Turn left 90 degrees into left front stance, left low block, right inside block
- Right front kick, hop forward and land in a twist stance while executing a right backfist to the nose. The right foot is flat and the left foot should be on the ball of foot, yell “Kihap”!
- When the Master says “Bah Ro”, turn and face the Master.
FYI – To master Taegeuk Sam Jang, you must demonstrate accurate Taekwondo stances.
Related Pages – WTF Taekwondo Color Belt Forms (Taegeuk)
- Taekwondo Form 1 – Taegeuk Il Jang
- Taekwondo Form 2 – Taegeuk Ee Jang
- Taekwondo Form 3 – Taegeuk Sam Jang
- Taekwondo Form 4 – Taegeuk Sa Jang
- Taekwondo Form 5 – Taegeuk Oh Jang
- Taekwondo Form 6 – Taegeuk Yuk Jang
- Taekwondo Form 7 – Taegeuk Chil Jang
- Taekwondo Form 8 – Taegeuk Pal Jang
- Instructions were provided by TaekwondoAnimals.com and may not be copied without permission from TaekwondoAnimals.com, Taekwondo Forms, Poomse & Poomsae, http://www.taekwondoanimals.com/taekwondo-forms.asp
- World Taekwondo Federation, Poomsae, http://www.wtf.org/wtf_eng/site/about_taekwondo/poomsae.html