Wado-Ryu Kumite Kihon – Nanahonme (Kumite Kihon 7)
This page provides details for Wado-Ryu Kumite Kihon – Nanahonme. This technique is also known as Wado-Ryu Kumite Kihon 7.
Instructions for Wado-Ryu – Kumite Kihon 7
After bowing, the attacker takes one step forward and the defender takes one step backward.
- Attacker (Torre)
- Hidari Zenkutsu-dachi (Left basic stance)
- Lunge forward with Hidari Tsukkomi Jodan (Left head height punch)
- Adjust your feet and then kick with Migi Mawashigeri Chudan (Right round kick)
- Defender (Uke)
- Migi Zenkutsu-dachi (Right basic stance)
- Slide to the left and cover attack with Migi Nagashi Soto-uke (Right middle block) to avoid punch
- Push forward into a leaning stance and do Shutuke (Open hand block/strike) to the collarbone and Hidari Gedan Bari (Left downward block)
- In this case Shutuke (open hand block) is not used as a block but as a strike.
- When practicing this kihon do not strike the collarbone or knee with full force (Defender stage ) as this can break the collarbone very easily and cause permanent ligament damage to the knee if practiced repeatedly
Wado-Ryu – Kumite Kihon 7
Wado-Ryu – Kumite Kihon 1-10
- Written instructions provided by the students of Kentai Karate, www.kentaikarate.co.uk