Wado-Ryu Kumite Kihon – Rapponme (Kumite Kihon 6)
This page provides details for Wado-Ryu Kumite Kihon – Rapponme. This technique is also known as Wado-Ryu Kumite Kihon 6.
For other kihon techniques, please visit the main Wado-Ryu Kihon Kumite section. If you are looking for additional kumite techniques, please visit the main Karate Kumite section.
Instructions for Wado-Ryu – Kumite Kihon 6
After bowing, the attacker takes one step forward and the defender takes one step backward.
- Attacker (Torre)
- Hidari Zenkutsu-dachi (Left basic stance)
- Lunge forward with Hidari Tsukkomi Jodan (Left head height punch)
- Kick with Hidari Surikomi Sokuto Chudan (Left step-up side kick)
- As you land execute Migi Gyakuzuki Jodan (Right head height reverse punch)
- Migi Zenkutsu-dachi (Right basic stance)
- Slide to the left and cover attack with Migi Nagashi Soto-uke (Right middle block) to avoid punch
- Twist to the left through the left heel and block with Migi Gedan Bari (Right downward block)
- Twist to the right through the right heel, block the punch with a Migi Nagashi Shuto Uchiuke (Right sweeping open hand block) and simultaneously strike the ribs with Hidari Ippon-Ken (Left one knuckle punch)
- The reverse block (defender stage 3) is blocking the kick behind your body
- When practicing this kihon do not strike with ippon ken to the ribs with full force (Defender stage 4) as this can cause damage to ribs.
Wado-Ryu – Kumite Kihon 6
Wado-Ryu – Kumite Kihon 1-10
- Written instructions provided by the students of Kentai Karate, www.kentaikarate.co.uk