Wado-Ryu Kumite Kihon – Yonhonme (Kihon 4)
This page provides details for Wado-Ryu Kumite Kihon – Yonhonme. This technique is also known as Wado-Ryu Kumite Kihon 4.
Instructions for Wado-Ryu Kumite Kihon 4
After bowing, the attacker takes one step forward and the defender takes one step backward.
- Attacker (Torre)
- Hidari Zenkutsu-dachi (Left basic stance)
- Lunge forward with Hidari Tsukkomi Jodan (Left head height punch)
- Sliding forward, still in Hidari Zenkutsu-dachi (Left basic stance), Migi Gyakuzuki Jodan (Right head height reverse punch)
- Defender (Uke)
- Migi Zenkutsu-dachi (Right basic stance)
- Slide to the left and cover attack with Migi Nagashi Soto-uke (Right middle block) to avoid punch
- Twist your hips bringing the right leg back slightly, and block the punch with a Nagashi Shuto Uchiuke (Sweeping open hand block) in Neko Ashi-Dachi (Cat stance)
- Move the right leg forward and strike with Migi Ippon-Ken (Right one knuckle punch) to the armpit and simultaneously strike the elbow with Shutuke (Open hand block/strike)
- In this case Shutuke (open hand block) is not used as a block but as a strike.
- When practicing this kihon do not strike the elbow with full force (Defender stage 3) as this can cause permanent ligament damage if practiced repeatedly
Wado-Ryu Kumite Kihon 4
Wado-Ryu Kumite Kihon 1-10
- Written instructions provided by the students of Kentai Karate, http://www.kentaikarate.co.uk