List of Back Stretches
Here are a variety of back stretches used by martial arts students. Without proper stretching, the backs of martial arts students can become sore and/or tight due to the constant twisting of their body during martial arts training. This is especially true for activities such as grappling and spinning kicks.
All stretches should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to ensure the proper technique is utilized.For additional martial arts stretches targeting other areas of the body, please visit the main Martial Arts Stretches page.
Back Stretches – Videos & Instructions
- Bow Pose
- Camel Pose
- Cat Stretch
- Cat-Cow Stretch
- Child’s Pose – Also known as Praise Pose.
- Cobra Stretch
- Downward Facing Dog
- Kneeling Back Rotation Stretch
- Plow Pose – This is an advanced Yoga back stretch.
- Seated Twist Pose
- Single Knee To Chest Stretch
- Upward Facing Dog – This back stretch also works on your core and shoulder strength.
- Wall Lat Stretch – This stretch focuses on your Latissimus Dorsi (or lats).
- Wheel Pose
Aikido Back Stretches
Lower Back Stretches
Back Stretches – Cat Stretch and Child’s Pose