ITF Taekwondo Walking Stance (or Gunnun Sogi)
This page provides details for the ITF Taekwondo Walking Stance. In Korean, this Taekwondo stance is known as Gunnun Sogi. Stances are be used in ITF Taekwondo patterns, training exercises, sparring, etc.
For more ITF stances (i.e. L-stance or walking stance), please visit the main Taekwondo stances section.
Written Instructions for the ITF Taekwondo Walking Stance
- One foot in front of the other foot.
- Length of this stance is one and a half shoulder widths. This stance is very similar to the ITF Taekwondo Low Stance – just slightly shorter.
- Width of this stance is one shoulder width.
- Front foot points forward.
- Rear foot points outwards by 25 degrees.
- According to the ITF Switzerland Taekwon-Do Federation, a student should bend “front leg until the knee cap forms a vertical line with the heel, extending the opposite leg fully”.
- Body weight is split evenly between both legs.
Instructional Videos for ITF Taekwondo Stances