ITF Taekwondo X-Stance (or Kyocha Sogi)
For more ITF stances (i.e. L-stance or walking stance), please visit the main Taekwondo stances section.
Written Instructions for the ITF Taekwondo X-Stance
- This stance is usually a transition stance as a student transitions from one technique to another.
- One foot will cross over or behind the other foot.
- A student’s legs will cross and look like a partial “X”.
- Crossing foot (non-stationary foot) will touch floor with ball of foot.
- Weight will be on the stationary foot (non-crossing foot).
Instructional Videos for ITF Taekwondo Stances