Krav Maga Belt Levels
This sections looks at the belt colors and requirements for various Krav Maga belt levels. For instructions regarding the techniques associated with each belt level, please visit the main Krav Maga Techniques section.
Many Krav Maga schools do not have a belt system. Nevertheless, a number of large Krav Maga organizations such as Krav Maga Worldwide have belt levels for testing purposes, etc.
Typical Krav Maga Ranking System – Belt Colors and Requirements
- No Belt – This group of students learns basic techniques such as punches and kicks.
- Yellow Belt – This group learns techniques such as self-defenses against kicks and chokes.
- Orange Belt – This group learns more advanced strikes, kicks and self-defense techniques including basic unarmed defenses against attackers armed with a weapon (i.e. club or knife).
- Green Belt – This group learns a variety of techniques including ground fighting techniques.
- Blue Belt – Blue and Brown belts work on a large variety of techniques as they prepare for their eventual black belt test.
- Brown Belt – Blue and Brown belts work on a large variety of techniques as they prepare for their eventual black belt test.
- Black Belt
- Krav Maga Worldwide, Self Defense, http://www.kravmaga.com/programs/self-defense/, Added – 10/30/13