Spinning Back Kick – Martial Arts
This page provides details on how to do a spinning back kick. This is a more powerful version of the back kick. This kick is similar to a standard stationary back kick. However with a spinning back kick, you will step forward, spin your body backwards and then throw the back kick.
For more instructions on many more martial arts kicks, please visit Black Belt Wiki’s main kicking techniques section.
Wiki – Best Martial Arts Books
Written Instructions for a Spinning Back Kick
- Step forward in order to gain momentum and to get closer to your target.
- Turn/spin your body backwards until you are facing directly away from your target. For example, if you have stepped forward with your right foot, your body will spin counter clockwise.
- Continue turning and look over your shoulder (look at your target – you need to see what you are hitting). Lift your knee to your chest (think of kicking like a mule).
- Drive the heel of your foot straight back towards your opponent.
- After hitting your target, quickly resume your fighting/kicking stance in order to prepare for your next kick.
Instructions from a MMA Champion on the Spinning Back Kick
Taekwondo Instructional Video for a Spinning Back Kick