Krav Maga – Switch Kicks
This Krav Maga advanced technique (usually brown belt and above) uses both legs to quickly strike an attacker. For example, you throw a left round kick and as it hits target, you will be simultaneously throwing a right round kick. However, this kick can reduce your stability and requires good flexibility. Krav Maga switch kick techniques include front kicks with a switch, round kicks with a switch, knee strikes with a switch, etc.
Written Instructions for Technique
- For ease of practicing, hopping kicks are a sort of prerequisite
- Immediately following the contact of the first kick, you must hop/jump off of the leg that you are standing on.
- This puts your entire body in the air.
- If it is the a round kick, the hips MUST rotate while in the air so that as the grounding foot and the kicking foot land close together in timing.
- Oftentimes the foot on the ground may have to hop backwards so that you can regain a grounding stance.
To see how this type of martial arts kick is done by other martial arts, please visit pages on the Double Front Kick, Double Roundhouse Kick, etc. For other techniques, please visit the main Krav Maga Techniques section.
Instructional Video on Krav Maga Switch Kicks