Taekwondo Back Stance or Dwi Kubi Seogi
This page teaches you how to do a Taekwondo Back Stance (or Dwi Kubi Seogi). Stances are used in Taekwondo forms, training exercises, sparring, etc. For information on other stances, please visit the main Taekwondo Stances section.
Amazon – Taekwondo Form & Pattern Books
Written Instructions for Back Stance
- Your feet should be in a L-shape (your front foot points forward and your back foot points 90 degrees to the side).
- The “length” between your two feet is about two shoulder widths apart.
- The “width” between your two feet is minimally as your legs should almost be in a single line facing towards your opponent.
- You will place most of your weight on your back leg. Your rear knee will be partially bent.
- Your body will be facing to the side and thus you are offering a smaller target to your opponent in the front.
- Your head will face forward towards your opponent.
Instructional Video for a Taekwondo Back Stance (starts at 3:25 into video)
- Written instructions provided with permission from Taekwondo Animals.com, Taekwondo Stances, http://www.taekwondoanimals.com/taekwondo-stances.asp
- Kukkiwon World Taekwondo Headquarters, Taekwondo Techniques, http://www.kukkiwon.or.kr/front/pageView.action?cmd=/eng/information/taekwondoSkill2