Top 10 Martial Arts Books
This page looks at the top 10 martial arts books. These books cover a wide variety of martial arts styles such as Karate, Taekwondo, Jeet Kune Do, Wing Chun, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Krav Maga. They range from martial arts books on kata & sparring to martial arts philosophy. The top ten list is based on wiki visitor purchases. For a wider array of popular martial arts books and to see our favorite martial arts books, please visit the wiki’s main section on Martial Arts Books.
We have also included the top ten martial arts books for past years to give you an idea of how martial arts trends & interests have changed over the years. At no extra cost to you, we make a small commission if you buy products via the links on this page. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
2017 Top 10 Martial Arts Books
- Ultimate Flexibility: A Complete Guide to Stretching for Martial Arts – The number 1 martial arts book for two years in a row on our website!
- Complete Krav Maga: The Ultimate Guide to Over 250 Self-Defense and Combative Techniques – Updated version of the Krav Maga book that was number 2 on the list last year.
- Jiu-Jitsu University – A 5 star book on Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
- Tao of Jeet Kune Do – This book examines Bruce Lee’s martial arts techniques and philosophy.
- Stretching: 30th Anniversary Edition – Not a martial arts book but very popular with martial artists due to the desire for increased flexibility and reduced martial arts training injuries (i.e. pulled hamstrings).
- Complete Taekwondo Poomsae: The Official Taegeuk, Palgwae and Black Belt Forms of Taekwondo – Great book for WTF Taekwondo students.
- The Complete Book Of Taekwon Do Forms – This book looks at ITF Taekwondo patterns.
- Aikido: The Complete Basic Techniques – This martial arts book provided detailed instructions for a variety of Aikido techniques such as throws.
- Karate: The Complete Kata – This Karate kata book is focused on Shotokan kata.
- The Shotokan Karate Bible 2nd edition: Beginner to Black Belt – This Shotokan book looks at the techniques & kata needed in order to pass each belt level in Shotokan Karate. The book covers all of the training needed to obtain a black belt in Shotokan Karate.
2016 Top 10 Martial Arts Books
- Ultimate Flexibility: A Complete Guide to Stretching for Martial Arts
- Complete Krav Maga: The Ultimate Guide to Over 230 Self-Defense and Combative Techniques
- Complete Taekwondo Poomsae: The Official Taegeuk, Palgwae and Black Belt Forms of Taekwondo
- Jiu-Jitsu University
- Tao of Jeet Kune Do: New Expanded Edition
- The Complete Book Of Taekwon Do Forms
- Bruce Lee’s Fighting Method
- Taekwondo: A Path to Excellence
- Wing Chun Kung Fu: Traditional Chinese Kung Fu for Self-Defense and Health
- Zen in the Martial Arts