List of Ashihara Karate Katas
This page provides details on the kata used by Ashihara Karate. While Ashihara is a full contact Karate style, it also uses a variety of different kata (i.e. kata for sparring or throws). Kata allows Ashihara Karate students to practice martial arts techniques without a partner and to practice dangerous techniques without injuring a partner. Ashihara kata is different than many martial arts in that some of its katas focus on specific topics such as sparring or throws (versus the “typical” karate kata that just focuses on a sequence of different offensive and defensive techniques).
According to Wikipedia, “Ashihara Karate is called a modern style, in part, for its revolutionary katas have no historical influence from traditional Samurai era karate katas, every move (strike, footwork, block or sweep) is effective in a street fight with the karateka envisioning an opponent and once the kata is mastered by the karateka it will then be performed with an attacker, with the karateka grading solo and with an attacker”.
Wiki – Best Karate Books
- Ashihara Beginners Kata – Shoshin no Kata
- Ashihara Basic Kata – Kihon no Kata
- Ashihara Fighting Kata – Jissen no Kata
- Ashihara Jissen no Kata Ichi
- Ashihara Jissen no Kata Ni
- Ashihara Self-Defense Kata – Goshin no Kata
- Ashihara Sparring Kata – Kumite no Kata
- Ashihara Throwing Kata – Nage no Kata
Ashihara Sparring Kata – Kumite no Kata Go
- Wikipedia, Ashihara Kaikan, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashihara_kaikan