Add Information to Black Belt Wiki
If you would like to add some information to Black Belt Wiki, please use the form below. We are looking for help with kata instructions, terminology, missing techniques, etc. When contacting us, please include your name, email address, martial arts style (or organization) and what you would like to add to the wiki.
Benefits for Adding Information
- You will be helping beginners to better understand techniques & kata or learn about your martial arts style.
- We will also reference your school or blog and link back to your website in the reference sections of wiki pages where you add content. Free promotion for your school or blog is always good!!! 🙂
Our Fantastic Wiki Contributors!
We would like to thank everyone who has helped to improve this martial arts wiki!!!!
- 10/17/18 – Our thanks again!!! to Danny. He spotted the missing info on Judo’s forbidden techniques.
- 10/13/18 – I want to thank Damien for contacting us about the Push-Up Variations page.
- 09/24/18 – Our thanks to Danny for pointing out the Samoan martial arts known as LimaLama.
- 09/18/18 – Also our thanks to John for pointing out the missing Shito-Ryu kata.
- 09/17/18 – We want to thank Michael for pointing out the missing Chito-Ryu kata information.
- Summer 2018 – We switched the site over to a more mobile-friendly software package. However, this involved a lot of work converting things. Unfortunately, this disrupted the site in terms of adding new techniques, kata, etc. However, we are now up and running again!! Thanks for your patience.
- 05/22/18 – We want to thank Marc O. for pointing out the martial arts “sport” known as Spochan. Looks like a lot of fun!
- 05/18/18 – Pressure point information kindly provided by Grandmaster Art Mason, Kyusho Jitsu.
- 01/31/18 – We want to thank Kenneth for suggesting that we add the graceful martial arts style known as Kinomichi.
- 11/18/17 – Our thanks to Peter for telling us that the name for Chun Kuk Do had been changed to the Chuck Norris System.
- 09/26/17 – We want to thank Celeste for reminding us to change WTF Taekwondo to its new name, World Taekwondo (WT). For more on this name change, please visit the wiki’s Taekwondo section.
- 08/22/17 – Our thanks to Chris for his help with the Chil Sung forms on the Tang Soo Do Hyung page.
- 06/14/17 – I want to thank Will at Monkey Steals Peach for his great work on the Northern Praying Mantis Kung Fu page.
- 05/28/17 – Guillaume – Thanks for the Krav Maga organizational information. I hope you will visit his website if you want to learn more about Krav Maga – http://kravmagaguild.com/
- 05/27/17 – Mitt Radates – Thanks for adding information to the Krav Maga page focused on how to get up safely from the ground.
- 04/22/17 – Cameron – Thanks for pointing out Yamanni-Ryu. We have added it to the Kobudo (Okinawan weapons) page and hope to add a separate Yamanni-Ryu wiki page over the next week or two.
- 04/10/17 – Whitney – Thank you for your advice on how to improve the women’s self-defense section.
- 02/24/17 – Khoi – Thanks for the suggestion of adding a page on the Shotokan Kaeshi Ippon Kumite (one-step sparring drill).
- 02/02/17 – Gus – Thanks for adding information to the wiki on Vietnamese Martial Arts!
- I hope that everyone will read Gus’ book “The Martial Arts of Vietnam: An overview of the history and styles” in order to learn even more about different Vietnamese martial arts styles.
- 01/29/17 – Zach – Thanks for pointing out that Wing Chun also uses iron palm training.
- 01/02/17 – Sensei Kristalyn – Thank you for the written instructions for a variety of Shaolin Kempo Karate self-defense techniques.
- I hope that everyone will visit her blog – http://senseikristalyn.blogspot.com
- 01/02/17 – Brian of Full Potential MMA – Thank you for the addition of an excellent training video on improving punching power. I hope that everyone will visit his school website – http://www.fullpotentialma.com
- 01/02/17 – Daniel – Thank you for the great recommendation about adding a page on the “Knee Drop” technique.
- 12/03/16 – Mathew – Thanks for pointing out the non-working video on the Tang Soo Do Form 1 page. It has now been fixed.
- 10/12/16 – Sifu Och – Thanks for the great video & information on the Wing Chun Double Punch. For all of our wiki visitors, please visit his school for more Wing Chun information – Sifu Och Wing Chun http://sifuochwingchun.com
- 09/26/16 – James – Thank you for pointing other full contact karate styles such as Ashihara Karate. I have also started to add some of the Ashihara katas to the wiki.
- 09/06/16 – Richi – Thanks for the pointing out the software error with the Shotokan kata Heian Sandan page. It has been fixed… fingers crossed that it stays fixed!
- 08/15/16 – Superamazingbadgerman – Thanks for pointing out the value of tennis ball punching bags.
- 07/23/16 – Rachel – Thanks for pointing out the very kid friendly training technique known as flag sparring.
- 07/14/16 – Andy – I want to thank my good friend Andy for his excellent idea about adding free martial arts audio books to the wiki such as The Art of War.
- 07/13/16 – Ray – Thanks for the idea about the martial arts training equipment known as a reflex bag.
- 07/08/16 – Mikey – Thank you very much for adding written instructions to the Kusanku Sai Kata page!
- 06/22/16 – LE – Thank you for pointing out a number of different Vietnamese martial arts (such as Linh Quyen Dao and Thien Mon Dạo). They have been added to the list covering all martial arts styles.
- 06/20/16 – Michael – Thanks for the details for the new Isshin-Ryu (Karate) page.
- 06/03/16 – Ben – Thanks for pointing out the error on the Aikido Gokyo page. It has been fixed.
- 06/02/16 – Bryce – Thank you for adding the blocking “philosophy” information to the Blocking Techniques section.
- 06/01/16 – Kelly – Thank you for helping to improve the page on Shotokan Taikyoku Shodan
- 05/28/16 – James – Thank you for adding written step-by-step instructions for a number of the Kyokushin katas. Very helpful!